The Amerigo Vespucci is a tall ship of the Italian Navy (Marina Militare) named after the explorer Amerigo Vespucci. Built in 1930 at the (formerly Royal) Naval Shipyard of Castellammare di Stabia (Naples). She was launched on February 22, 1931, and put into service in July of that year.
The Black Pearl is a fictional ship in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series. (The physical ship used as a prop during filmmaking is actually named the Sunset.) In the screenplay, the Black Pearl is easily recognized by her distinctive black hull and sails. Captained by Jack Sparrow, she is said to be “nigh uncatchable”. Indeed, in the first three films she either overtakes or flees all other ships, including the Interceptor (regarded as the fastest ship in the Caribbean) and the Flying Dutchman (which is actually faster against the wind). Her speed is partly derived from the large amount of sails she carries, and partly supernatural. She is noted in At World’s End as being “the only ship that can outrun the Dutchman.”
Carnival Victory is the third of the four Destiny-class cruise ships operated by Carnival Cruise Line. Like all members of the Destiny class other than the lead ship, which was refitted and renamed Carnival Sunshine in 2013, she is a modified version of that lead ship, and is therefore sometimes referred to as a Triumph-class cruise ship, in an allusion to the second member of the Destiny class, Carnival Triumph.
The Carnival Victory was built by Fincantieri at its Monfalcone shipyard in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, northern Italy,
France II was a French sailing ship, built by Chantiers et Ateliers de la Gironde and launched in 1912. In hull length and overall size she was, after Preußen, the second largest commercial merchant sailing ship ever built. France II had the greatest cargo carrying capacity ever, 5,633 gross register tons
The Harvey was a clipper of the early age and was built with only 2 masts.They were called clippers because of the high speeds they could develop in favorable weather conditions. The Clippers were used as blockade-runners during the American war of Independence.